Friday, December 12, 2014

{Holiday} White, Gold, Fluffy Christmas Village!

Being that this is our first house, and our first Christmas season in our first house, I wanted to treat myself to some special decorations that would last us a few years.

We have a beautiful fireplace in our living room on which our stockings hang, but I wanted to add a little something extra to the boring floor in front of it. A little dreamy Christmas village!


Cute, right? As you can briefly see, we have a red wall in our living room, and we also have some cream coloured furniture (you'll have to wait until the new year for a peak at that!). Already pretty Christmassy! It wasn't too difficult to pick gold as an extra accent colour.

How cute is that dear? I found him and the light-up acorn tree at my local HomeSense. The minute I saw them I fell in love and had to buy them. Walking through another isle of the store 2 minutes later, I found the gold gift box. I actually squealed out loud (which my husband is used to but I don't think the customers around me were). I had to buy it as well. That was it - I had created my little village in my head now.



But wait! It needed one more thing... snow! Not the cottony flat stuff I normally pick up, but soft, fluffy, dreamy looking snow. Then my brain sprinted through a few past shopping trips and, ding ding ding! I remembered this beautiful fluffy Flokati rug I saw at Walmart... for only $20! Done deal.


What do you think? What would you add? Have you created your own little dreamy Christmas village somewhere in your home? Share in the comments! :)

--Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's chat! Feel free to leave a comment - I love hearing from readers!